A new lymphoma of a different kind

As an MCL survivor who had an unrelated (allogeneic) donor transplant two years ago and have remained in complete remission until now, I have known all along that there was always a possibility that the lymphoma my return.

Now, postive CT-PET scans in the last month and a biopsy last week have confirmed that the lymphoma has returned, but this time as a different type and one with which most are familiar: INDOLENT.

Indolent lymphoma is marked by a very slow growth cycle and it is not an immediate threat to life. Because this is a single location (in the left side of my gut) we are due for a consult about radiation tomography to shrink or obliterate the tumor. This development along with persistent bouts this last year with bronchitis and other respiratory distress have brought me again to a decision to take a 6-month medical leave from work, a probable precursor to early retirement about the time or a little before my 62nd birthday next June.

The odd thing about this is that when I am free of the bronchitis and respiratory ills (like today), I feal wonderful, as well as I have felt in three years. However, I am a bit physically exhausted from the chore of relocating our residence from Alta Loma to a 55-plus community called Emerald Isle in Placentia where Dee Dee and I will be within minutes of the residences of our two daughters and one grandson. For your information, we are still under treatment at City of Hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MCL?▶ #SocialCurrentSee

#StemCell #Transplant▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Canswer♥Worth®▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: The sites and blogs of ALTACITIES conform to these PRIVACY PRACTICES.