1/1/2007: Happy New Year

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!2 Corinthians 5:17/NIV

A new creation?

I don't know about you, but I enjoy new things. Among my colleagues in the healthcare fund development profession, I may be among those who have seen the most "new" beginnings. That's because, for me, there have been 11 job location changes since 1970. One career, but many new starts, not to mention the new addresses.

Little did I realize that my childhood nomadic life as a military dependent (U.S. Army) would be duplicated by my adult civilian occupation. While I was in some 13 different schools through college, I came to realize that these travels brought an adaptability and a tolerance for change, not to mention the constant experience with "new" people, events, and circumstances.

But it is still hard to fathom becoming a "new creation" as this verse describes. I know that of my own power, I am incapable of making anything "new." With HIM, all things are possible. [Mark 10:7]We hold this promise that we are "new" when we abide in Christ. The old self has died; a new being is born. Believe it! Accept it! Live it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MCL?▶ #SocialCurrentSee

#StemCell #Transplant▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Canswer♥Worth®▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: The sites and blogs of ALTACITIES conform to these PRIVACY PRACTICES.