Revisiting my faithful and helpful friend Levaquin

MyJ | My JournalContinuously since my stem cell transplant in August 2007 the most serious annoying consequence of my successful remission from mantle cell lymphoma has been bronchial and respiratory issues. And during the last year that I returned to work (Aug. 2008 until Aug. 2009), the frequency of colds and stronger respiratory issues was nearly monthly and precipitated my selection of early retirement.

The only remedy of any value has been an antibiotic, namely a drug known as Levaquin. But there is more than one dilemma with this intervention. Chief is that my health insurance will not cover the drug without a doctor's visit and evidence of a chest x-ray. But what do you do about that at midnight? What's more, every time I have a chest x-ray, the result is negative, but the hacking and sleep-depriving cough is obvious. Such is the justification to order the prescription solo without the insurance approval and to pay the $165 co-pay for a week supply.

More about Levaquin: The drug is in a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). It fights bacteria in the body. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, kidneys, bladder, or prostate. It is also used to treat bacterial infections that cause bronchitis or pneumonia, and to treat people who have been exposed to anthrax. | MyJ | My Journal | Social Networking by ALTALOMAN | When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#StemCell #Transplant▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Canswer♥Worth®▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

#MCL?▶ #SocialCurrentSee

Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: The sites and blogs of ALTACITIES conform to these PRIVACY PRACTICES.