When Cancer Affects Children ...


"Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement." — Marcus Garvey

(Get a daily wallpaper and quote from
www.paperquote.com)





[ALTACITIES.COM] ... VISITING THIS NHL SUPPORT SITE: One of the most helpful but sobering benefits of the Internet for patients and family members dealing with cancer is the ability to connect with so many who are now or have previously dealt with this disease.

One such resource is a Yahoo.com site (LINK HERE) and from this site, I receive regular e-mail updates of postings by members. One such posting made me ponder as I searched for empathy for children with cancer. Here is that message:


"I am new to this group. My 12yr old neice has JUST been diagnosed with NHL. She is having a mass removed that is near her liver and they don't know if there is blood vessel involvement. I think they plan to started chemo shortly thereafter. I've read alot about CHOP and know that it is a combination of drugs, but that is all I know really.

"I'm assuming that is the most widely used combination, and what she will be getting. My niece's biggest concern is hair loss (she will be turning 13 just 5 days after surgery) and I don't think she realizes how serious this all is. I am going to shave my head to support her, but there is so much more I want to do.If any of you know someone within this age group who has suffered from this, please give me some ideas of what I can do for her....I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I love this kid so very much.

"Thanks so very much to all of you. I believe in prayer and speak about God often. I have to admit that I don't really care if this offends anyone....I need to hang onto my faith." -
Robin Baglivio-Grover, Jessica Deem's favorite aunt :):).

..........
@ltaLINK to This Source
..........
@ltaSEARCH This Topic on GOOGLE

Comments

Tina said…
Hello~ I just tonight found your blog...I lost my Daddy Darrell Johnson to Mantel Cell, Nov. 24,'05...my Dad was 80 when he died. He had this cancer almost 3 years...I, from time to time go on-line and read about MC, can't figure it out. How did he get it? I also have a blog, It's a home/cottage blog. I started it to help me with my loss of my Dad. (fill my time)He was everything to our family. Life will never be the same again.

I have your blog on my side blog column...I am very happy with your recovery. I want to keep up with your miracle. My Dad's photo is in my Cherry Hill Cottage photos on my side column~ I would like for you to see it...Blessings to you, Tina Smith
Henderson, Texas
Cherry Hill Cottage

Popular posts from this blog

#MCL?▶ #SocialCurrentSee

#StemCell #Transplant▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Canswer♥Worth®▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: The sites and blogs of ALTACITIES conform to these PRIVACY PRACTICES.