Countdown: 13 Days Until 'Freedom'


As the Foxworth Family looks ahead to a special Thanksgiving Season in 2007, this week also brings us to less than two weeks from the "end" of our 100-day period of isolation from extensive public contact.

December 1 is the first official day when my doctor tells me that I can begin to have more outside contact and get away from home for something more than visits to see him. However, because I am still on the immunosuppressant drugs, we are asked to not go overboard with public events and activities that may still put me at risk of contracting an infection. For sure, we will gradually start our wandering about, but may pass on a few events until my doctors say it is safe to be less guarded about such matters.

My twice-weekly visits to City of Hope are now largely directed at treatment for my GVHD (graft versus host disease) manifested by mild to moderate skin rash which also may be a dermatological condition (the doctors are not sure, but believe this may be a combination of both factors). I had my first photopheresis treatment Friday for about four hours. Over time, this process is planned to help control or eliminate the skin rash. It is like getting a blood transfusion, except that the procedure involves re-circulating my own blood much like a dialysis procedure would do. Click on THIS LINK for more information.

Yes, Thanksgiving 2007 is a blessed occasion for this household. While we have always had something for which to be thankful, this year brings us the realization that life is more precious than ever and that we are given an extra measure of "borrowed time" by the love and grace of the ONE and only creator and sustainer of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MCL?▶ #SocialCurrentSee

#StemCell #Transplant▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Canswer♥Worth®▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: The sites and blogs of ALTACITIES conform to these PRIVACY PRACTICES.