Oct. 11 Equals "Day 50"


Faith is like the radar that sees through the fog — the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see. — Corrie Ten Boom

LINK: PQ - The People Quotient

..............................................

We are half way to the end of our first 100 days post the SCT and looking forward to having many of our restrictions relaxed (including getting out of the house for anything other than our doctor and hospital visits) come Nov. 30.

Again, all our blood tests and my physical exams with Drs. Nakamura and Lopez were normal and progressive on Tuesday. The GVH (skin rash) is getting better, too. Still not sleeping soundly for more than 2-hour stretches at night, but that should improve in time.

Wrote an anonymous letter of appreciation to my unknown donor this week and delivered that to my caregivers for forwarding to the donor. For the rest of my life, I will be amazed that City of Hope found this near-perfect donor half way around the world. This only confirms that an Almighty Hand was in control. As most of you know, initially, our "first" donor was not available at the time the SCT was originally scheduled; then, my lymphoma returned and we had a delay in the process. Once I was "cleared" again to proceed, the original donor was available at the appointed time. Again: events out of our control proved providential.

Every April, COH holds a donor-host reunion on their Duarte campus. Then, 12 months post the SCT, the separate identities of the donors and hosts can be revealed with mutual consent. We are looking forward to that revelation.

In addition to following my periodic blog updates at MyJournal, you can now also visit the new blog for The Foothill Foundation and Foothill Presbyterian Hospital.

And for those of you who share my interest in philanthropy: Check out this location.

Comments

Morten Eriksen said…
Hi Mike,
Met a cute blonde wearing a pink sweatshirt bearing the name, "Mike" over at 24HR Fitness. She's a "keeper".
I meet lots of Hillsiders over there!

Give me a call so that I can visit you at your convenience.

Mort

Popular posts from this blog

#MCL?▶ #SocialCurrentSee

#StemCell #Transplant▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Canswer♥Worth®▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: The sites and blogs of ALTACITIES conform to these PRIVACY PRACTICES.