1/3/2007: What We Remember?


It's not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learned; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity. --Francis Bacon


I am beginning to think about all the memories "lost" because I have not had a life-long habit of keeping this journal. If I had only listened to the college creative writing professor who advised then that this was ONE habit worth cultivating for a life-long experience.But then, this is about learning, in general. Author Marcia Connor explains: "


Learning can be defined formally as the act, process, or experience of gaining knowledge or skills. In contrast, memory can define the capacity of storing, retrieving, and acting on that knowledge. Learning helps us move from novices to experts and allows us to gain new knowledge and abilities."


She adds: "Learning strengthens the brain by building new pathways and increasing connections that we can rely on when we want to learn more. Definitions that are more complex add words such as comprehension and mastery through experience or study." For more on this topic: see her WEBPAGE.


Now that I have started MyJournal, I can pine about all the events of some 58 years that I may have missed in journals unkept, or at least from around the age of four. Regardless of what I recall clearly, vaguely, or not at all, this one thing I have learned, now is the best time of my life to "graduate" from an endeavor that I have left unstarted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MCL?▶ #SocialCurrentSee

#StemCell #Transplant▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Canswer♥Worth®▶ #SocialCurrentSee®

Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: The sites and blogs of ALTACITIES conform to these PRIVACY PRACTICES.